We are a recognized charitable organization as defined by Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3).
Our Club has been reaching out to people in need and to the community since 1902.
Organized August 21, 1902 – Charter #116
The Palos Park Woman’s Club (PPWC) was founded in 1902 and has been a driving force in the many developments in the Village of Palos Park. With a current membership of 82, the club’s purpose is to promote cultural, educational, wellness and civic interest as a charitable organization. PPWC is very involved with Village activities and heads up an Annual Blood Drive, offers one scholarship to each of the district’s 3-high schools yearly and is philanthropic to the Village’s departments and beyond. Our yearly donations are funded by various fundraisers held within the club year. The club meets on the second Thursday of the month, September through April (not in November) at the Palos Park Recreation Center with an installation Luncheon in May. The meetings begin at 10 a.m. with doors opening at 9:30 a.m. and include a business meeting, speaker/entertainment and a luncheon serviced by committees formed from the club membership. For membership and up-to-date information regarding club activities, visit Palos Park Woman’s Club Facebook or view online resource (http//palosparkwc.wordpress.com). Membership Chair, Patricia Bailey, may be contacted at 708/448-8248 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a partial list of the contributions that PPWC has graciously made to the Village of Palos Park and others. We thank everyone involved (past, present and future) in this wonderful organization for their continued dedication and generosity.
- Working Through Palos Township, provides Easter Baskets for needy children on a yearly basis-currently being assisted by 2-patrons.
- Palos Township Food Pantry contribution.
- Monies designated for Palos Park’s Historical Society, Library, Police Cadets’ Scholarship Fund, Police, Recreation and Fire Departments.
- Sponsorship of Autumn In The Park Fall Festival.
- Hot Dog Tent at the Autumn In The Park Fall Festival.
- Yearly Purse Auction provides funds for an International Charity (Chairperson’s choice).
- Valentines for Vets including cash gifts donated by membership for the benefit of veterans at the Manteno Veteran’s Home.
- Pop Can Tops for the Ronald McDonald House in Oak Lawn.
- Area Philantropic Endeavors: The Center Camp Scholarship, South Suburban Crisis Center, School District 118, School District 230, Graduating Class Party Contributions for Andrew, Sandburg and Staff High Schools, McCord Gallery and Cultural Center.
The PPWC supports the Crisis Center for South Suburbia.
We partner with GFWC against Domestic Violence.
Here is our pledge.
FIND US ON
Find us and other Palos Park clubs on the Village of Palos Park’s Website
Newsfeed on Facebook: You do not need to be a Facebook member to see our latest news.